Steps you take:
1. Bureau of Criminal Identification
801-965-4966 or 801-965-4759 / www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci
2. Print Forms Off Website
- “Petition and Order for Expungement” (This is the form the Judge will sign)
- Top portion of – personal information and phone
- A conviction? A dismissal? If the disposition is “Unknown” or “Failed to File” put it under dismissal
- Sign form
- Receipt, Consent and Waiver of Hearing (This is the form the City Prosecutor will sign)
- Fill out top portion – personal information and phone.
3. South Jordan Municipal Court
- Return to the South Jordan Municipal Court with the forms for them to check their records and approve the Expungement.
- Certificate of Expungement Eligibility
- Receipt, Consent and Waiver of Hearing
- Petition and Order for Expungement of Records
South Jordan Municipal Court
1600 W. Towne Center Dr.
South Jordan, Utah 84095
- They will keep the forms and call you when they have approved the Expungement.
- The Judge will sign
- The Court will create eight certified copies
- A list of agencies you will need to send the copies to for them to expunge their records
- Pay the fee of $135.00 if the Expungement was a "conviction".
- "Unknown" and "Failed to File" have no fee.
4. Mail or Deliver copies to all Agencies.